Long time no see!
Not back to blogging yet (but I am recovering, thank the Lord)—just wanted to very quickly put this out there.
Are you doing Camp NaNoWriMo this April? Are you a Christian with a historical fiction writing project this time?
If you’re still looking for a cabin to join, ours is open and we would LOVE to have you.
If you’re already part of another cabin, no worries! This is just for those who haven’t been able to find one yet.
Copy and pasted from my ad on the Camp NaNoWriMo forum:
CHRISTIAN HISTFIC WRITERS CABIN PERKS
- Everyone in this cabin writes historical fiction for the glory of God. Because this common goal binds us, I believe we’ll be able to give specific advice and encourage each other in ways other than a mixed cabin. We’re all in this together!
- The cabin leader (Madi; me) posts daily encouragement, writing advice, and writing resources. It’s like the Camp NaNo Care Packages, but completely custom-tailored for our cabin.
- The cabin leader is also active. If you need feedback, encouragement, help, advice, or a good kick in the pants to get going, she’s able to hop on and help you with whatever you need.
- Word sprints, word wars, snippet wars, roleplay, or focus sprints your jam? Ours too. See guidelines for specifics on roleplay, but for the others, Madi is available for whatever you need.
- Did I mention this cabin is full of winners? We’re all in it to win it and help each other crush our goals!
CHRISTIAN HISTFIC WRITERS CABIN GUIDELINES
- Be kind. This is a biggie. Be very courteous and considerate toward your cabin mates! Although we chat online, there is a real human being you’re talking to. There’s no need to argue with the way they write or tell them if you hate their characters. Let’s stick to encouraging one another.
- Short roleplays with your characters are allowed but if it starts to overwhelm other conversations it may need to be moved to a separate Hangouts chat or something like that. Remember to keep your virtual hands to yourself and be considerate toward the other roleplayer and their characters!
- Feel free to post snippets and ask for snippet wars, word/focus sprints, advice, or feedback! (If no one else is available, the cabin leader almost always is.)
- If you need anything contact cabin leader Madi via Hangouts (madigrace @ powerofgod . com) for a fast response.
If this sounds like you, contact me via Hangouts ( madigrace @ powerofgod . com ) and I’ll invite you!
Include your NaNoWriMo username.
Please don’t comment asking for an invite: I may not see it. I’m still taking great care to rest and not stress my body as I recover, so I won’t be responding to any comments here (and my Camp NaNo goal is small, though I’ll be active on the cabin).
I have my phone by me as I rest daily so I’ll see your invite request sooner if it’s on Hangouts. :o)
If you don’t have Hangouts, send an email to my personal email madison @ powerofgod . com. I just won’t get to it as fast.
I miss you all so much. GLORY TO GOD, I am recovering!
I will be back again like I never left and the devil will rue the day he decided to mess with this full-time Christian. :o)
If you want to keep up with what I’m doing or see some quote graphics I’m putting out slowly (just to show the devil he can’t shut me up :)), follow me on Instagram: @madisongraceig
God is so good. Glory be to Him!
See you soon, and come join the Christian Histfic Writers this Camp Nano. ✌️
Devil can’t take my joy!